Not bought yourself an advent calendar this year and regretting it now or think a friend or family member may like one? Why not create your own - not only can you personalise the look, you get complete control over what goes in it. Check out how one of our customers has created their very own advent calendar using our range.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 x cardboard Advent Calendar Base
- Rust-Oleum Ultra Shimmer Glitter Paint
- Rust-Oleum Ultra Shimmer Glitter Spray Paint
- Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch Paint
- Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch Spray Paint
- Rust-Oleum Crystal Clear Spray Paint
- Paint Brushes
- Newspaper/cardboard (to protect your work surfaces)
- Metallic Pens to draw the numbers
- 24 small sweets/gifts of your choice!
1. PREPARE YOUR SURFACE
Make sure your working surface is well covered and protected - use a sheet or anything you have to hand - we used cardboard!
2. PAINT YOUR ADVENT CALENDAR BASE
Take your cardboard advent calendar base and paint using painter's touch spray paint. Don't forget to take each individual box out and paint around it for the full effect. Once done, leave to completely dry.
3. DESIGN YOUR CALENDAR
Take your stencil of choice and place it over your advent calendar and use your Painter's Touch Spray Paint to create the design. Make sure to keep the spray paint roughly 30cm away from the surface when spraying - you may need to cover areas you don't want to splatter.
N.B. If you are confident, you can do this free-hand with brush paint or a metallic pen.
4. PAINT THE INSIDE OF YOUR BOXES
Don't forget the devils in the details - make sure you paint each individual box - you can go simple and keep everything one colour or get creative!
5. WRITE THE NUMBERS
Take your Metallic pens and write the numbers on the boxes - you can do this free hand or with stencils.
6. FILL WITH CALENDAR
Lastly fill your calendar with festive goodies and enjoy!
Don’t forget to share your final designs with us - we can’t wait to see how creative you've got!