Just because the weather is colder it doesn’t mean your DIY projects have to stop - whether it's making your home cosy ready for the festive season or touching up the paint work, here are some Winter jobs you can complete whatever the weather!
Refresh your floorboards
Use our hard-wearing Floorboard Paint to give your floorboards a fresh new feel ready for Christmas and the New Year. Our two low sheen whites will give your floor a minimalist feel and make any Christmas decorations you put up pop with colour.
Key features of Floorboard Paint
- Hardwearing: protects, strengthens and dustproofs
- No special tools or primer required (in most instances)
- More hygienic as stains (even oil!) can be easily wiped off
Save a piece of furniture
Bring your old furniture up to date with your décor by giving it the refresh it deserves by using Rust-Oleum Chalky Furniture Paint. In this consumerist society it's way too easy to think 'I'll just buy something new' when actually you can save money, save your furniture from the tip and create a one of a kind by upcycling pieces you already own.
If you prefer a satin finish over chalk, why not try our Satin Furniture Paint. Adding a timeless mid-sheen lustre, it comes in an elegant palette of soothing shades carefully curated to enhance any contemporary interior.
Key features of our Furniture Paints:
- Water based with virtually no odour
- No Priming or sanding necessary on most surfaces
- Exceptional coverage in one coat
Give your walls a fresh coat for Christmas
Getting ready to put up all your Christmas decorations? Give your walls a fresh coat of paint first. Not only will it make your home feel extra special for Christmas (and wow any guests) but the scrubbable properties of Chalky Wall Paint mean you can enjoy the festive season without worrying about scuffs and stains as these can be easily wiped off without damaging the paint finish.
Key features of Chalky Wall Paint:
- Chalky Matt, very flat finish in 16 classic shades
- Scrubbable making it ideal for rooms that take wear and tear
- Touch dry in 2 hours
Touch up the paint work
Got friends and family visiting over Christmas? Make sure the place is looking the best it can be by touching up the paintwork. Our Utility Paint is a tough, multi-surface paint that is great for interior doors, window frames, skirting boards and more. It also comes in 40 colours allowing you to personalise your home exactly how you want to.
Key features of Utility Paint:
- Hard-wearing and long lasting
- Versatile - use on wood, concrete, masonry and suitably prepared metal
- Dries to a smart mid-gloss finish